user:
psw:
| lost password
Home » Local News & Events » Fed up with speeding traffic and angry drivers
Message Order:
21/06/2015 14:01:09
IRB
Posts 10
Yes, the Police resources are regrettable limited these days, but they have been out recently in the village both doing a spot check on HGV's & also Speeding Vehicles. On both occasions they delivered warnings and enforcements and is part of a number of spot checks they will be carrying out. There is an officer under training to the high standards required by Kent Police, which I am sure once this is completed, we will hear more and they will be visible.
21/06/2015 12:28:39
Cw7559
Posts 3
Having just watched the video on the newsletter and a direct recipient on a hourly basis from speeding cars and having to sweep up glass and plastic away from my front door, we all know the police aren't interested or under strain in other areas making officers unavailable, haven't we just recruited and trained a local officer for this exact reason and have had a council tax increase to pay for this invisible person?
09/02/2015 19:09:53
IRB
Posts 10
Thank you for finding this out Natalie, it add's a new tool to the tool-kit for monitoring & reporting traffic problems, :-)
09/02/2015 12:02:51
Natalie
Posts 19
My contact at police has advised any images of accidents or debris left from accidents will help support our case for a mobile speed camera in the village

I have taken pictures of all the wingmirrors, hubcaps etc. along upper street and emailed to her.

If you witness an accident, see debris from the result of an accident please email photographic evidence to anne-marie.penny@kent.gov.uk

Thank you.
04/02/2015 09:12:28
Finlay
Posts 12
Up for it, of course. And all those on this forum strand will be supporting panto this weekend?!!
03/02/2015 14:17:58
IRB
Posts 10
Hope you will be able to join us on Speed Watch & Lorry Watch Finlay, :-)
03/02/2015 08:03:20
Finlay
Posts 12
All very good comments - I agree with a lot of these things, not least that even complaining about the traffic can get you criticised! JRG you make very good comments about village participation - more action is needed instead of meetings that give voice to people's experiences with angry drivers and near misses. There is a great deal of apathy but we should all be hugely concerned and willing to act, especially in the light of two massive developments going up along the Sutton Road.
02/02/2015 19:29:24
IRB
Posts 10
Hi Natalie, Good to hear there are others out there, willing to help. The link person in the parish council will contact you separately once you have sent in your contact details to their email address. ps. The Parish Council is working with the Police on a number of projects for 2015. :-)
02/02/2015 18:01:40
Natalie
Posts 19
I would be happy to help and will send my details. I must note that I am currently 6 months pregnant and working full time which may limit me. In the recent months I have been in contact with the mobile speed camera team at Maidstone police and they have generated a report on Leeds/Langley because of several residential complaints. I was informed that they are considering a mobile van on Upper Street - whether this will actually happen is another matter. I am chasing every month for updates as with a child on the way I need to be able to cross the road with a pram safely.
20/12/2014 13:30:26
IRB
Posts 10
Natalie/Kay, The Parish Council is looking for help from volunteers to support Speed Watch & Lorry Watch in 2015. May be you would like to support it?. Just send your details via: leedsparishcouncil@sherriebabington.co.uk
06/11/2014 21:10:32
JRG
Posts 13
Hi Kay...May I please respond to your comment. Am just as fed up, but with people who make cheap remarks about the Police & the Parish Council. If those that complain did more than just write on forums or send emails, we might all be better off.
Ask yourself what you do to help or change things in the village Kay? The Parish Council are local residents who give up their own free time to try and help others. If you feel you can do a better job than the crew on the Parish Council, then bother to turn up, get on the Council & get them kicked off and change things.
People moan about any tax rises to pay for the Police & other services we all need, yet moan when the Police are short of resources as a result of cuts, its not lack of interest... its lack of money they are fighting. What have we become as a society? All free to have a view, & then expect others to do it for them, but not prepared to pay the rate required.
17/10/2014 21:10:14
Kay Neine
Posts 8
Naturally contacting the police is first thing you think of when trying to get something done about this but they really have no interest and won't do anything. Their lack of response is a fair indication of how much interest they have. Might be worth contacting the parish council, they won't do anything either but it would give them something to talk about at their next meeting.
17/10/2014 16:39:49
Natalie
Posts 19
I know this has been said a million times but I wish drivers would slow down on Upper Street! I have written to the police twice and not once had a response. Why do they turn a blind eye to us?

Since I've been back in the village I've witnessed 1 accident on upper street and about 4 wing mirrors knocked off. Two of which have ended up on our front path for us to dispose of!

As for the glass on the road/pavements and the constant angry beeping no matter what time of day... it drives me nuts!

When we moved out when the road closed we were in Sandhurst village and their main road was no where near as busy as Leeds yet the police still put a mobile van there once a week to enforce the speed limit.

Very fed up!
pages: 1
please login or register to reply

Home » Local News & Events » Fed up with speeding traffic and angry drivers

Village Calendar Forums Photo Gallery